Monday, March 26, 2012

One Month {Adjusted-Age} Update

<<<...deep breath in....slowly blow out....>>>  ah, that's better. 

Let me take another sip of coffee....
Ok. Now I'm ready! 

Parents of three, oh yes, I was told about the craziness of it all. but it's one of those things in life, there's no way to truly prepare for the day-to-day whirlwind that has become our life. 
In such a way, (and this is how I know it feels like a life-time ago), those quiet afternoons in the hospital with Jimmy are starting to sound very appealing, nice, even! Must be the thought of the coffee shop just an elevator ride away. Or perhaps all that adult socializing I did while I snuggled my baby, doing nothing but savoring his sweet scent and soft touch of his skin....
Jimmy snoozing away on his Daddy's side of the bed,
just an arms-reach away 

At Jimmy's last doctor appointment over two weeks ago, he weighed in at 7lbs 8 ounces. I'm guessing he's a good eight and bit this week. He's starting to fill out his newborn size clothes. And just this week, I can see him practicing his smile! It melts my heart every time! He's 4 weeks corrected age (according to his due date), so this is quite the advanced skill - not expected until 6 weeks! The pediatrician was so pleased with Jimmy's progress that we aren't going back for another two weeks. Our precious boy is still not showing any signs of delays or abnormalities. This may still come further down the road. but for now, we're are so thankful for the routine days (in a very non-routine kinda way :)


And now. Well, let me tell you, it is *beautiful*! Crazy, busy, one feeding/snuggling session running into the next kind of wonderful.

 see, what else can I tell you before Khiana decides she's tired of being in her crib, or Devin needs me to fix his lego pieces, and Jimmy realizes he's in the crib not my arms & that some milk sounds good right about now....

Our little guy is a pretty calm baby. He pretty much just goes with the flow, sleep anywhere kind of baby.  
A typical dinner time...
Except in the picture Khiana is actually *eating* her dinner! {it's Pei Wei}



He wakes to eat (which can take 45 mins!), and quite easily goes back to sleep as long as he has plenty of snuggles. The nights are okay, he often eats twice, each time we're up with him for a good hour. But since he's on a combo of nursing and bottle feeding Andrew and I each take a turn at night. the feedings take 30-45 mins, plus holding him upright for an additional 20 mins before he's back to bed. (which helps keep the reflux/spitting up to a minimum.) Or this could be much longer if I dose off in the lazy boy- never good! Otherwise his digestive system is working well - God is So good! 

Tired. Yes. Always busy? Defintely. Delighted to have three incredible blessings? You betcha!! 

Proud Papa with his newest grandbaby


Auntie Kiara squeezing in a few cuddles while Brooklyn makes sure that baby's
 not getting *too* comfortable in HER mama's arms
We're pretty much still keeping him out of crowds, like church, the grocery stores, big play dates, etc. We hope to lift the restrictions gradually during the month of May. This leaves me feeling pretty cooped up, but Andrew is wonderful at giving me a little time in the evening to run an errand or go for a walk. 

Photo shoot fun with Uncle Paul

Lately, I find myself thinking - God must believe I am one *incredible* woman to get to have these THREE wonderful, energetic, busy children all day! ;)




2 comments:

  1. It looks like you are all adjusting well. Your kiddos are just too darn cute. What amazing little blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all these cute candid pics! :)

    ReplyDelete