Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Improving- A brief update.

Today was a good day for our little guy!



He has gained weight :) yippee! 
- up to 1055g (2 lbs 5 oz)! The oxygen is definitely doing his body good.  Although he doesn't care for the nasal cannula taped to his face (and neither do I), it is keeping his oxygen saturation at a better level with significantly fewer bradys. His feeding time has been lengthened again to a leisurely meal time of 90 mins. The doctors suspect he might be having some reflux, which is again, a very normal and generally temporary thing for preemies. Slowing down feeds helps him digest without too much refluxing. Praying it stays minor without intense discomfort for Jimmy and that he doesn't require medication to treat it. I might be one of those Mamas who invests in lots and lots of burp cloths - and Jimmy might get to be as cool as his big cousin and sleep in an upright position in his bouncy seat in his crib!  

I haven't seen neighbor boy Baby K's mama around lately. He seemed to be doing better from what I could tell glancing at his machines. But today I saw several nurses crowded around his bed with masks, lots of needles and medicines. I left his mama a note letting her know I missed her and was thinking of her. I'm praying Baby K is doing okay despite the ominous scene, and whatever treatment they were giving him is affective and helpful for his little body. My heart goes out to this family. I will let you know if there are more specific prayers or needs for them in the days ahead. 

1 comment:

  1. Kiara just posted an update on Facebook. I'm praying. Our Lord will see all of you through these ups and downs!

    ReplyDelete