| Enjoying cuddles with Andrew - doesn't he look like he's taking in the sight of his wonderful Daddy? |
An update on his progress - Jimmy's Brady's are continuing, seeming to get more frequent again and affecting his oxygen saturation. Still somewhat "normal" for a little guy, but we'll be upping his caffeine (you know, his morning Java :) ) from 6mg to 7mg to prevent any true apnea or further problems.
![]() |
| First cuddles with Andrew. Both were so happy and content together |
His weight gain isn't as much as the doctors had hoped for, so he's been getting added fortifiers to his milk. Not my favorite - you know, all those "great!" ingredients like non-fat milk, and corn syrup solids. of course I asked if there was an organic option with better quality ingredients. Looks like I'll have to invent one. ;) Even with these less-than stellar ingredients he's up to 1000g!
His Glucose numbers have balanced since he's been off his TPN fluids. So happy for that! He's also on full-feeds now, at 20 ml. His little belly is digesting well - I'll find out today if he'll go up and take even more with each feeding. He's due that Kidney Ultrasound today. Still praying for great results!
| We all have our grouchy moments |
How am I doing? I'm not sure. I know if you were to ask me and give me a big hug I'll probably burst out in tears. Or if I see a glowing, very pregnant lady in public I might start crying because I can't be protecting my little boy in my womb. I can be just fine one minute, then grouchy, irritable at everything the next. Sometimes I'm not sure how we'll ride this crazy roller coaster for weeks and weeks. And I've figured out why they have those little "baby low-jack" bracelets on the babies in the nicu. It's not because a stranger might snatch him up, it's because when the nurses aren't looking his Mama might grab him and run out the front doors.
| There's a lot of tears and girlie drama around here lately |

Oh, I love you, Sis. I am in prayer for you all constantly.
ReplyDeleteso cute, we love this little girl!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing all these moments, even the grouchy ones. I pray that these two will know that they are so very loved even when mommy and daddy's attention is so very divided these days.
ReplyDeleteThose first months are so very hard, but I promise, they will soon be a very distant memory and you will get to fill your mind with amazing new memories at HOME with your little man!
ReplyDelete