Our little boy is four weeks old today! Can you believe it? and a big 3 pounds 2 ounces!
![]() |
| His feet are still smaller than my fingers Aren't those the cutest, perfect toes! |
And guess what my Big four week old did for the fist time today? yep, he had his first bottle. ...well, his first *attempt* at a bottle. He was asking for it, rooting around acting so very hungry. When I first offered it to him he latched right on like a champ, took several chugs and swallows...and then...well, he didn't seem to like it so much after that :)
it's a very complicated skill for preemies to learn - suck, swallow AND breath all at the same time. We had fun playing at bottle eating - drinking a whole 1 cc. (I think I liked the experience a whole lot more than he did! It's so fun to do the Mommy-things with my baby!)
| It felt so special to get to feed my baby! |
We'll give it another go soon, but for now he'll keep getting his 28 cc's through his NG tube. I expect it will take him several weeks and lots of practice before he'll take a full meal from a bottle.
He's still up and down on his oxygen. Needing very little most of the time, and gradually weaning down on the flow. It's the slightest little puff at just 0.4 Liters. As long as he's weaned completely off by 36 weeks we're good, as far as developmental and long-term affects go.
| Precious baby profile He just had the tape removed from his cheek, so it's a little goopy and red |
Devin, our older 4 year old son is sick with the nasty cold thats' been going around. Would appreciate prayers for a quick recovery, and that the rest of us will stay healthy, especially me and Jimmy. I could only begin to imagine what sickness could do to our itty bitty guy right now....
I don't always remember the fun little facts or think to explain everything in my updates. Usually because I'm too busy admiring the adorable baby in our pictures! If you have specific questions or anything you're wondering about, go ahead and mention them in the comments. I'll be sure to answer them in my next post! :)

I love reading your blog, thanks for keeping us updated on Jimmy's progress. He is so precious and I'm happy to hear that he is doing well. Take care, Laura Van Klaveren
ReplyDeletePraying that he stays away from the yuckies and just gets stronger and stronger every day!
ReplyDelete