Friday, December 23, 2011

Another Transfusion...

James responded pretty well to his first transfusion yesterday. By late evening he had gotten a little of his feisty back (I love see him that way!), and eventually his brady's slowed down without needing stimulation to pull out of them.  He gained a little weight, too - up to 1110g (2 lbs 5 oz). Unfortunately today his hemoglobin wasn't up quite as high as they'd like it to be, so he's having another transfusion right now. It will last 3 hours without feeds before or after. He'll get some IV fluids and nutrition to keep him going. Thankfully he can use his same IV's as yesterday, and the batch of blood is from the same donor. So he should respond ok to it.


Having his linens changed ( for the third time that day! )
I love any excuse to get my hands on this precious boy


Praying this will be his last transfusion and that his body responds well enough that he continues to gain strength. I'm hoping that the Bradys and need for oxygen are all connected to his anemia - and that the new blood will give his body the strength it needs to come off the oxygen and keep up his heart rate. God is good, answering our prayers, and cradling my littlest son in His arms even when I can't.

3 comments:

  1. "God is good, answering our prayers, and cradling my littlest son in His arms even when I can't." AMEN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're praying Annie!! Your strength through Him is immeasurable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys. Hang in there... James is a beautiful little boy!

    xoxo,
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete