I got a call while I was out today--- Jimmy's morning labs showed his hematocrit levels are dropping again. He's not strong enough to let it drop so low as to kick in the body's natural ability to make more on it's own. His feeds will be held this afternoon, another iv (or two) put in, and the transfusion will start at 4:00pm.
I don't know yet if the blood will be from the same batch - the same donor. He'll need 20ml over a three hour period same as last time.
Fears and worries are creeping in... Please join us in asking the Lord to use this blood as a blessing to Jimmy's body, not harm. That the IVs would not be a source of infection or pain. And that I would be able to cast my fears on our Savior, making room for His Truth and Peace. That Jimmy would feel loved, cared for, and protected by his Mommy & Daddy, and by our powerful, loving God.
We're praising God for our dear wee Jimmy's life, and joining you in earnest praying for him. Keep trusting the Lord, He has been always faithful
ReplyDeletePraying! I'm sorry it was a harder day again. I just showed Keandre the pictures of Jimmy's bath, and we prayed for him together. We love him!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry, Annie. You and Andrew are troopers and wee Jimmy is too! Love you and sending prayers your way.
ReplyDelete