Monday, February 13, 2012

Ahhhh --- Home!

All together - Sharing joy, tired grumpies, lots of play time, snuggle time... and.... ahhhhhh moments of delight.

The Boys
Praise the Lord for our amazing, healthy, adorable baby boy! 

Still praying for strength and especially good health during this season of rsv and other sickness that could be dangerous to Jimmy's immature lungs and immune system. If you don't see much of us or the kids in the next couple of months, it's because the doctor has advised we hide away from all those icky germs! I'm terrified of Jimmy being re-hospitalized because of illness, which unfortunately isn't uncommon for preemies. 

And if you do see us, I hope you won't be offended when I ask you to not touch the baby (I know! nearly impossible!), or to wash your hands as soon as we get within arms length of one another. 
I'm trying to not be overly paranoid, but, I'll admit, I'm not trying all that hard ;) 

~Annie

(here's Andrew with the important stats and other stuff. I'm off to dote on the baby...)

Jimmy is up to 5lbs 13oz today at the weigh-in at is first post-hospital dr appointment! We are hoping for between 3/4 and 1 oz weight gain each day.  For those of you who speak metric that is about 21-28 grams/day.  The little guy is mostly just sleeping, then eating, then sleeping, but it is great having him home.  He is still a little reflux-y but normal preemie stuff.  The kids LOVE that Jimmy is home.  K loves to "pet" him and really delights in her little brother.  D is fighting a cold or something right now so please pray it will not spread to us all and especially not Jimmy.

1 comment:

  1. I pray that the sickness doesn't spread, and that he stays strong!! I love the pictures, it makes my heart so happy to see you all together as a family! God is good!

    ReplyDelete