I remember, back when I was pregnant and first started to bleed for days on end, and fearing we were losing our child....
I remember choosing to give our son all the love I had to give. To delight in his life, every moment of it, however short it may be. I gave him my heart, my devotion, my never ending motherly love.
Even if I was only able to give him that love in utero, for a few short weeks. Many times we thought it was the end, nearly time to say goodbye to our boy. And over and over again God breathed life into him. He held my placenta together (just barely) with His hand, and nourished my boy, gave him LIFE... until the exact moment He had planned for him to start his days outside my womb.
Not a moment too soon, nor a moment too late.
God matured his lungs, grew his digestive system, protected the intricate places in his brain, nerves, blood vessels, kidney, heart.... Exactly as He had planned. We gave our whole heart to this tiny boy, cried out to God to protect him from a life-too-short...and that is exactly what He's done.
My some James has my whole heart, even as he sleeps in a crib too far away. God is still protecting him, maturing his body....all for His own Glory. God, truly, is so good to us.
Even when I can't stop crying for all we've lost along the way. I choose to praise His Powerful Name for all He's done for my Jimmy.
...Tears of grief washed away by tears of rejoicing....
I'm crying with you, sister. Again, tonight. How is it we didn't talk today? I thought of you so often. Love you.
ReplyDeleteAMEN! May Jimmy come home soon and may our Lord continue to grow your steadfast faith and trust in Him. It is so glorious!
ReplyDeleteTears pouring out here too. Oh Annie, I'm in awe of the beautiful, painful things you are learning through this long, hard experience, and yet long SO much for the day Jimmy will finally be home with you, and you'll never have to walk out of the hospital & leave him behind again. Praying, PRAYING that sweet boy will gain weight like a champ & come home in the next few days. I know He will keep sustaining you in His tender mercy until then. Love & (((hugs))).
ReplyDelete