Monday, February 6, 2012

Coming Home!


**Update**
The doctor did her rounds this morning while I was here feeding Jimmy. Turns out he lost 15 grams last night. And hospital policy is he must have two nights in a row of gaining weight before discharge.

Hoping Wednesday is the day! For now, I'll be here at the hospital doing whatever Jimmy says we're to do. (Even type my blog updates one-handed while we snuggle :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shouldn't be surprised when God answers our prayers and moves in our life - but He is! And I am!

Jimmy had his NG tube pulled on Sunday morning, a sign that the doctors see how well he's eating, digesting and thriving. (Truly a gift from God!) That's Jimmy's ticket to call the shots on how much he eats and when. So far he loves being the boss and is doing quite well. We just have to pass his car seat test, keep eating well & stooling well, gaining weight...and he gets to come home on TUESDAY!

I'll be spending all day today and tomorrow with him so he can ad lib his nursing. I love those quiet, peaceful moments with my baby. And otherwise I'll be running around crazy getting everything ready! (you'd think after two months we'd have everything ready for his home coming!)

We're oh-so-delighted....and a little anxious.



The time has *finally* come! :) :) :)

7 comments: